Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cancun Trip

This is the view of the ocean from our Hotel Window
We are standing at the Pyramid in Chichin Itza
This is what is called the Ball Field in Ek Balam. Interesting stories about what it was really for.
Myan Dancers at the Extravaganza at Xcaret
The ceremonial dancers at Xcarate. They went to the top of the pole, fell backwards and spun in a circle 13 times before the stepped onto the ground. That means between the four of them they made 52 circles around the post.
The pictures above show a little of our trip to Cancun.
We just spent a week in Cancun, Mexico. We went with Stevie and Mark. It was really great. We stayed in a three bedroom villa right on the waterfront. It was all inclusive so it included room and meals and beverages and tips which was really nice. The first day we just stayed around Cancun. We went to Market 28. I bought me a soccer shirt, mom got a Mexican Mumu and we got a Mayan safe which has a secret way of opening it. We laid around some around the pool and beach and attended the mandatory spiel on Vacation Leases.

The next day we went to the ruins at Chichen Itza. We went on a tour and it was really interesting. We also went to Ek Balam which is another Mayan ruin. We rented a car and drove up and back. It was great.

The next day, we spent at the hotel. We walked the beach, swam in the pool, played some games, saw a show and were just lazy.

On Thursday we went to Xcaret. The best way I can describe it is a Mayan Cultural Center somewhat similar to the Polynesian Cultural Center although not as big. We saw some shows, did some scuba diving, floated an underground river, visit the Mayan Village and saw the artisans at work.

We spent the next morning and the hotel and then departed to return home.

It was really a great experience.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love it! I am so glad you guys had a good time. And I am glad that you are posting it on your blog so I can keep up to date on everything.