Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Love Summer

I love summer when the children and grandchildren are a little less pressured and have more time to relax. Michelle came down in early June and we have really enjoyed having her here. She has been a great help and is so fun to be around. Amy finished with her summer school teaching and curriculum development a couple of weeks ago and so she is home during the day now. This has given us the chance to go jogging together more than on just the weekend. We went everyday last week except Sunday. We did about an hour each day. It is so relaxing and enjoyable and it gives us a chance to be together.

Friday, Ken and Lisa came down to visit. Ken helped me set up my computer, we ran some errands, played some games, visited and just had a fun day together.

On Saturday morning Bryan and Marika called and asked if they could just come over and hang out for a little while. They came around noon and spent much of the afternoon with us. It was fun to have them around as we don't get to see them as often as we would like. We played Wii and visited and ate and just enjoyed each others company. Satuday night Kevin arrived from BYU-I. He will be with us for about 7 weeks until the next semester starts. He is working for the company he has worked with since he came back from his mission. He must be doing a great job because they find a job for him whenever he is in town. It pays more that jobs at BYU-I so he takes advantage of this to save up some money to help him when he is in school.

On Sunday, Amy and Any came over and visited with us after church. It was fun to have some time with them. We played some games and just talked. It was great. Andy has graduated and is working for a CPA. He really enjoys it. They stayed until around 5:00. Mark and Stevie came down around 4:30 to see Michelle one more time and had dinner and visited with us. We played some games. There seems to be a game theme here. It was nice having them here. They left about 9:00. At church on Sunday I had talked with Bryan and he told us he was going to Roundrock for some training on Monday and that Marika was going to Oklahoma to see her sister on Tuesday. I was telling him we had a car in the shop and he said he was taking a rental car to Round Rock and so his car would be available. He said he would drop it by. I kind of forgot about that until 10:00 when the doorbell rang and it was Bryan and his family. They were just coming back from having dinner with Ken and Lisa and wanted to drop of the car and see Kevin. Well, Kevin and Michelle decided that Austin needed a hair cut. They finally wrestled him into it. So we did the 11:00 Hair Salon. He really looked good when it was done.

Monday Ken and Lisa, Amy and Michelle helped us with some organizing. We went through lots of things and threw out stuff and organized other things. It is something we needed to do. Monday night I went on splits with the missionaries. While I was gone, Amy and Andy came by and spent some time and Lori and Doug and their family called and every one went to Dairy Queen for our favorite treats (Blizzards). About 8:30 Marika and her children came by and Austin and Kendall spent the night with us before they left for Oklahoma.

I am so happy to have this type of contact with our children and grandchildren and love summers when we can do it.

No comments: