Friday, June 13 was our ward Temple Day. What a great opportunity. Because of Carolyn's health we haven't had the chance to go to the temple together for a more than two months. Each year our ward does a temple day and so we wanted to participate in it. Michelle, Carolyn and I went to the temple around 6:30 in the morning and had the opportunity to do an endowment session at 7:00. After that, Carolyn and Michelle did some sealings while I went to help with baptisms. We had a new convert to the church who had some family names to do. The Bishop, Phil Mancil and I helped with the baptisms and during the time we were there did about 100 names. By 11:00 Carolyn was tired and we decided that she should go home. Michelle agreed to go home with her as we were suppose to take care of Audrey in the afternoon. I stayed and did some initiatory work and also an other endowment session. I arrived home around 4:30 in the afternoon. It is so wonderful to have a temple close by and to be able to spend a day there. I had some very special feelings about some of the people that I did the work for. I am sure that they were ready for the work to be done and rejoiced that they could not move ahead as the work was done for them.
It was also so fun to have Audrey with us. Bryan and Marika took their other children to Six Flags. We don't get to baby sit their kids very often. But she is so cute and she was such a sweetheart. She was so cooperative. It was just a nice afternoon and evening with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(47)
-
▼
June
(18)
- Is she really 18?
- A New Family Member
- June 17 - A Most Important Date
- Saturday, June 14
- Ward Temple Day
- Grandchild 20 is on the way
- Graduation
- Monday - Leaving Utah
- Sunday in Utah
- Saturday in Utah
- Taylor's Birthday
- A Special Day
- Friday in Utah
- Thursday in Utah
- Wednesday in Utah
- Our Trip to Utah
- To Go or Not to Go
- Salt Lake Here We Come
-
▼
June
(18)
No comments:
Post a Comment